Medical Records Scanning
Digital-First - Electronic Health Records
NHS England has committed to making patients’ records ‘largely paperless’ by 2020. They will be accessible to primary, secondary and social care providers, and to patients.
Electronic health records are digital records of a patient’s health and care. At present, patients may have several paper and electronic records stored in various settings. NHS England intends to connect electronic health records across primary, secondary and social care by 2020.
Benefits of Electronic Health Records
The benefits of Scan House services are wide-reaching, we feel we can have a significant impact on providing a link between collaborative care and health and social care by providing access to records electronically. Here's a step by step description of how the service works:
- We'll visit and get a thorough understanding of your requirement with a detailed scoping exercise.
- Soon after, we'll collect the medical records. We can offer collections on a weekends to minimise disruption. We then catalogue and barcode your records.
- We move your paper notes to one of our secure storage facilities using a secure courier service.
- Each patient record is scanned into a searchable PDF file.
- We return the electronic copies to you directly.
- The next step is to attach the PDFs to your patient records. You can do this over time or let us do this for you with a bulk insert service.
- You will now be able to see electronic copies of the paper notes as part of the patient's record. The PDFs are searchable too.
- You choose whether to destroy the paper notes or not. We'll place them in deep storage if you decide to keep them, or we can securely destroy them for you.
- If you prefer to keep the paper notes, you can ask us to return selected information to you at any time.
- We offer a follow-on service to capture and digitise new records on an on-going basis.
- Scan House offer a wealth of experience in scanning Electronic Health Records.
- Our scanning solution is totally portable which means we can upload the scanned images to any platform.
- We offer flexible solutions to meet exacting requirements and budgets