Quality Assurance Assistant
Scan House is a leading UK provider of paper digitisation services. We deliver to a wide range of organisations both in the private and public sectors, including numerous globally recognised brands.
We are looking for an ambitious, motivated and solutions focussed Shift Supervisor to join us on our continuous journey of growth.
Shift: 4 on 4 off
Hours: 6.30am to 6.30pm
Salary: up to £22,500 per annum plus a performance related bonus
Contract: Permanent (subject to a 3 month probationary period)
- To supervise all Operators within the Team and be the first operational and technical point of contact.
- Ensure Team and individual production targets are on track. Motivate and drive Operators to produce maximum output.
- Monitor and ensure Job Specifications, Quality and Compliance Standards are maintained throughout each job cycle.
The post holder will be operating a high performing team that consistently achieves performance and quality objectives against deadlines.
- Plan, assess and prepare new jobs in a timely manner and ensure teams are briefed, job settings are configured, and space is allocated in readiness.
- Communicate job targets and expectations.
- Monitor and utilise production data to positively and pro-actively respond to performance issues.
- Maintain an awareness of the job queue and proactively make adjustments to resource to ensure deadlines and priorities are achieved.
- Resolve and/or escalate issues to the IT department, ensuring minimal downtime.
- Prepare and complete effective shift handover documentation.
- Identify areas for continuous improvement within the Production Department and contribute ideas to areas such as Processes, Workflows, Team and Technical improvements.
- Maintain and submit shift reports to Senior Management.
- Complete live quality checks against defined schedules on each shift, addressing issues with remedial action.
- Provide performance and quality feedback to the Team and provide guidance and support for improvement.
- Liaise with the Warehouse, Quality and IT Teams effectively.
- Support the processing of digital files using relevant software and procedures.
- General IT skills: a good standard of IT skills and technical competence is essential.
- Microsoft: A good knowledge of the Windows OS and MS Office including Excel is essential.
- Other IT: A good knowledge and experience of working with scanning equipment and software would be preferable but is not essential.
- Leadership skills: supervisory and/or managerial skills and experience is essential, preferably from a target driven production environment.
- Organisation: good planning and organisational skills are essential.
- Analytical / Attention to Detail: it is essential for the post holder to have an excellent attention for detail.
- Team Working: excellent team working skills are essential.
There will be a requirement to lift and move boxes on a regular basis in the absence of Warehouse support.
It is expected that applicants are able to demonstrate all or most of the requirements within this job description, however training will be provided including on internal and market specific software and equipment.
Job Type: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: from £19,500.00 per year
Apply by sending your CV to: email@example.com