Lloyd George Records Digitisation
The NHS Long Term Plan commits that every patient will have the right to be offered digital-first primary care by 2023/24.
The new five-year framework for GP contract reform describes the areas in which we expect early progress to be made in general practice.
For example, by April 2020 all patients should have online access to their full record and by April 2021 all patients should have the right to online and video consultations.
- As a preferred supplier with the LMC, Scan House offer a wealth of experience in scanning Lloyd George patient records.
- Our scanning solution is totally portable which means we can upload the scanned images to any platform.
Making it easy - A step by step guide;
- The benefits of Scan House services are wide-reaching and can have a significant impact on your practice. Here's a step by step description of how the service works:
- We'll visit your practice to survey your records.
- Soon after, we'll collect the Lloyd George and A4 envelopes. We can often complete the collection in a single day, which can be a Saturday to minimise disruption. We then catalogue and barcode your records.
- We move your paper notes to one of our secure storage facilities using a secure courier service.
- Each patient record is scanned into a searchable PDF file.
- We return the electronic copies to your practice.
- The next step is to attach the PDFs to your patient records. You can do this over time or let us do this for you with a bulk insert service.
- Your GPs will now be able to see electronic copies of the paper notes as part of the patient's record. The PDFs are searchable too.
- You choose whether to destroy the paper notes or not. We'll place them in deep storage if you decide to keep them, or we can securely destroy them for you. We retain the Lloyd George Envelopes either way as this is a legal requirement.
- If you prefer to keep the paper notes, you can ask us to return selected information to you at any time.
- We offer a follow-on service to capture and digitise new records when patients register at your practice.
Scan House releases valuable floor space and provides instant access to electronic copies of your paper notes. You'll realise the benefit straight away too, so you won't have to wait to see a return on your investment.
contact us for more information or if you would like a quotation.